National Donut Day
Embed this widget See full results for National Donut Day

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Willkommen

Well, I finally decided to create a blog for all the haikus of the day I was writing, to function as an archive of sorts. So, welcome one and all! In case you were wondering, the reason I started the 'haiku-a-day' was to: 1) have something interesting to put up as my away message while I was at work; 2) allow me a creative outlet to make commentary on all the absurdities of life; and 3) keep my motivated, as nothing motivates me more than a challenge I can continually work toward. There were quite a few decent haikus that I wrote before creating this blog that are unfortunately now lost to the sands of time, but from now on, any haiku I write will end up here, for your viewing pleasure. Thanks for stopping by, be sure to check back often! :)

In case you missed the description, here's a recap:
Let's face it, most poetry is not a lot of fun. Haikus, however, are different; because their only requirement is that you follow the five/seven/five syllable pattern, it is possible to come up with some amazingly creative (and fun!) poems while still remaining legit in the poetry world. That being said, I thought it would be a fun challenge to try to write a haiku every single day* for a whole year.

*May exclude some holidays and weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home